Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Advertising Still Works

By: Jeff Gibbard

I'm here to declare that yes, advertising still works. The choices that a company makes in determining how to advertise directly influences me.

Now I'm not a mushy-brained dimwit. I'm not talking about being subconsciously swayed or duped into buying something that I don't need or want. I'm talking about consciously acknowledging when a company does something that pisses you off or does something you can respect and making the choice between their product and a competitors'.

I'd like to highlight a few examples.

Changing a brand perception: The most obvious example is...

This is what Old Spice used to make me think of.
old man

Now I think of this.
Old Spice - The Man Your Man Could Smell Like

And this...

Old Spice - Terry

Continue reading >>>

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is good for the soul.